Flood/Gully problems – who to contact?

October 20th, 2022 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Flood/Gully problems – who to contact?”

If residents wish to report any blocked Gullys or need assistance in the event of flood, they need to make contact with the ERYC direct, unless of course the situation escalates and the Parish Council instigate the Emergency Plan.  Please do not refer residents to myself as I am unable to report anything any other way then residents are able to do themselves.  Details as follows:

It is advisable that residents sign up to the Environment Agency Flood Alerts by visiting: https://check-for-flooding.service.gov.uk/target-area/122WAF974

In the event of a resident wishing to report a blocked gully, residents should call the ERYC on 01482 393939 or visit: Flooding and drainage (eastriding.gov.uk)


What will the ERYC do if my property starts to flood?

The ERYC council will endeavour to provide sandbags only to stop water coming off the public highway where it may pose a risk of flooding homes. Should this occur then contact contact us on (01482) 393939. Where water is running off adjacent land then householders must take whatever action is necessary to protect their property in conjunction with the relevant adjoining landowners.

The Town Hall
40-42 Market Place
South Cave
East Yorkshire
HU15 2AT
View on google maps
Monday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday: CLOSED
Sunday: CLOSED
Clerk: Mrs Lyndsey Fielding
Mob: 07495 638552
Tel: 01430 421044
Email: clerk@southcavepc.gov.uk

Red International Marketing and Communication Agency © 2020  |   Website by RED

Photographs for main content provided by Justin Lowe, photographs provided for Festive lights 2018 provided by John Nurse

South Cave Parish Council Terms and conditions  Accessibility statement