Posts by Clerk

ERYC – Walks

May 28th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “ERYC – Walks”

Useful Links for Walks around the ERYC:


Caddy Bags

May 27th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Caddy Bags”

COVID-19 Update – Caddy liner bags for food waste

As a temporary measure, we will be starting to deliver kitchen caddy liner bags to residents’ homes if they need them at this time. If you would like a delivery of caddy liners, please contact us:


with the following details:

  • Your house number or house name
  • Your postcode

Please add the words “Caddy liners” in the subject box. We will aim to drop two rolls of caddy liners on your doorstep as soon as we possibly can, but please bear with us, as this will depend on the demand.

If you have run out of caddy liners, you can also use a sheet of newspaper to line the caddy, or place the food waste loose in the brown bin.

Please do not use any plastic bags or other types of ‘compostable’ bags as these will not break down in our composting process.

Note from the Clerk to the Parish Council: I also have a small number of Caddy Liners which have been dropped off this morning.  Can you please call me if you need them urgently and are unable to wait for a delivery from the ERYC on 07400030111, I can arrange for you to collect the bags safely from me.


VE weekend – 8th May 2020 – Schedule

May 3rd, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “VE weekend – 8th May 2020 – Schedule”

I have been asked about times, I was thinking to say to people between 1p.m and 5p.m, I will post the actual schedule many other villages are using, I will be live on BBC Radio Humberside on Friday 8th May 2020 at 9:10a.m promoting our page and telling everybody how fabulous our village is. I am hoping you will all share your photos and videos on here for me to keep for the future and also I was thinking of doing a live feed from my car in the afternoon showing what if happening on each street. Not sure if you all know but South Cave all Saints Church has a zoom quiz planned for the evening commencing at 7:00p.m if you would like more information please visit the Church website.

The Parish Council have organised for a plaque to be installed at the Cenotaph, this will be as follows:

South Cave Subscription Band

In 1904 the South Cave Subscription Band was formed.

The Band demised prior to the commencement of World War II in 1938 as many band members were called for service in the forces.

The uniforms and instruments were sold and the money was used to buy a number of laurel bushes for the village, including around the village war memorial.

I did not know the importance of the Laurels until I started working for the Parish Council. The Plaque will be brass and will be mounted on a oak post, this will be discreet. However, the plaque has been ordered it is on its way, and I just really hope it will arrive and be installed on time. I will keep you informed of this.

I will upload a video of the Chair to the Parish Council laying the Wreath at the Cenotaph, this will be completed on Thursday evening in order for the wreath to be in position for the weekend.

Can I take this opportunity to thank everybody for their efforts. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those people around our fantastic village who have offered help and assistance to others. I have a database of over 65 helpers all of whom are on call ready to assist with anything any resident within South Cave may need, wether this be, prescription collection or just a friendly chat, they are more then happy to help. I think this speaks volumes for how we have pulled together as a community at this very difficult time. There are also many other helpers and people arranging all kinds of assistance for others around the village, from making scrubs to shields being installed within our local shops and masks being made for donations to the NHS, these are just a few that I know of and Im positive there will be more around the village.

Can I remind you if you would like to offer help you can still register on the Parish Council Website at or email me on call me on 07400030111, if you need assistance for any at all, please Also call me, my phones on 24/7 and I would be more then happy to hear from you.

Stay Safe and I look forward to see you your photographs

Lyndsey xx

Temporary Road Closure

April 30th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Temporary Road Closure”

notice may 2020 map may 2020


Notice is hereby given that The East Riding of Yorkshire Council intends not less than seven days from the date of this notice to make an Order, the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along Common Road, South Cave, approximately 10 metes either side of Coe Bridge commencing 15th June 2020 to allow structural repair works to take place to Cow Bridge.

The road closure is necessary to enable the works to be carried out in a manner consistent with ensuring the safety of the public. The Order is valid for 18 months, but it is anticipated that the works will be completed by 5th July 2020.

The alternative route for traffic affected by the road closure will be via: Millbeck Bank, Norfolk Bank Lane, Ellerker Lane, Common Road and vice versa. The diversion route will be signed at the time of closure. The road will be closed to all traffic but access will be maintained for emergency vehicles, pedestrians and residents.

Further information can be obtained by contacting the Council on 01482 393939 and asking for Highways Customer Care

8th May 2020 – VE day

April 26th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “8th May 2020 – VE day”

The Parish Council were working in conjunction with Cave Castle to bring the Village a weekend of Family entertainment.  This is now cancelled due to the current situation,  we have however arranged for red lamppost poppies to be placed on Church Street Lamposts, the Town Hall will be decorated in Red, White and Blue and the Chair to the Parish Council will be laying a wreath at the cenotaph on behalf of the Parish Council.

Many village streets around the country will be preparing their own decorations and front garden BBQ’s and picnics.  It would be fabulous if we as a village can join in with this community spirit. The Clerk will arrange for photographs to be circulated. Thank you all in advance… Lyndsey

Planning Decision

April 24th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Planning Decision”

Bellway Homes – ERYC decision

Humberside Police

March 30th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Humberside Police”

Dear Resident
We are writing to you with regards to how you can access support and safeguard yourself against scams during the coronavirus outbreak.
Unfortunately, not everyone out there is trustworthy and some people will try to take advantage of this unusual situation our society is facing and try to exploit people.
Listed below are some of the scams that you could be approached with, but please note that criminals and their scams come in all shapes and sizes, and they may contact you at the door, by phone, post or online:
• Be aware of people offering miracle cures or vaccines for coronavirus – there is no specific treatment for coronavirus (COVID-19)
• People impersonating healthcare workers, claiming to be offering ‘home-testing’ for coronavirus – this is a scam and these kits are not currently available to buy
• Emails saying that you can get a refund on taxes, utilities or similar – they are usually bogus and they are just trying to obtain your bank and personal details
• Fake products available to buy online that advise they can protect you or cure coronavirus – these will not help and are just designed to take your money
• Mobile phone applications that claim to give you updates on the virus but instead, they lock your phone and demand a ransom
• Calls from people purporting to be from your bank, or from the police, asking for your bank details over the phone
• People offering to do you’re shopping or collecting medication and asking for money upfront and then disappearing

To avoid becoming a victim of a scam, please follow our tips and advice below:
 Be cautious and listen to your instincts. Don’t be afraid to hang up, bin it, delete it or shut the door
 Take your time; don’t be rushed
 If someone claims to represent a charity, ask them for ID. Be suspicious of requests for money up front. Check with family and friends before accepting offers of helps if you are unsure
 If you are online, be aware of fake news and use trusted sources such as or websites. Make sure you type the addresses in and don’t click on links in emails
 Only purchase goods from legitimate retailers and take a moment to think before parting with money or personal information
 Know who you’re dealing with – if you need help, talk to someone you know or get in touch with your local Council on the numbers below
 Protect your financial information, especially from people you do not know. Never give your bank card or PIN to a stranger

We know it can be difficult to know who to trust, and we hope this information helps you to feel more informed and more able to protect yourself against these types of scams.
If you are online or have a mobile phone Facebook Community groups and WhatsApp groups can be great ways of staying in touch with those around you.

You can also sign up to Humberside Police’s My Community Alert at to receive updates straight to your mobile or email on what is going on in your community.
To learn more about different types of scams and how to protect yourself and others, visit the National Trading Standards website and complete the free online training.
If you are not online, please see the telephone helpline numbers below if you need any help or advice:
• If you think you’ve been scammed, report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040
• If you need advice, call the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 0808 223 1133
• If you are in immediate danger, contact the police on 999

Kind Regards
Humberside Police

South Cave Show

March 28th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “South Cave Show”

The South Cave Show

It is with a heavy heart that the Committee has taken the
decision to cancel the 136th South Cave Show. We have taken
the decision now for all sorts of reasons. The Show takes a lot
of putting together and receives an incredible amount of support
from local firms, the community, the council, the WI all of whom
will be affected in one way and another.
The Government is keeping the country informed about what is
happening but it is an impossible task to predict the future. How
long will it last and what will the effects be on all of us? We do
not want to go ahead with an event which could compromise so
many in our community.
We are aware that this will be a disappointment for our many
loyal competitors and for all those new competitors who were
planning to enter this year!
Do not be dismayed as we will be back … Next Year 2021
August 30th with the same old favourites and a few new
If you were a Trophy Winner we will be in touch at a later date.
Keep well and fit and we look forward to seeing you in 2021.
Happy Garden, Baking, Crafting, and any of the activities which
you can enjoy within the context of your own garden.

Cencelled Defibrillator Training

March 17th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Cencelled Defibrillator Training”

South Cave Run 2020

March 17th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “South Cave Run 2020”

South Cave run until summer 2020 on 26th July is now postponed now be run in July 2021

The Town Hall
40-42 Market Place
South Cave
East Yorkshire
HU15 2AT
View on google maps
Monday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday: CLOSED
Sunday: CLOSED
Clerk: Mrs Lyndsey Fielding
Mob: 07495 638552
Tel: 01430 421044

Red International Marketing and Communication Agency © 2020  |   Website by RED

Photographs for main content provided by Justin Lowe, photographs provided for Festive lights 2018 provided by John Nurse

South Cave Parish Council Terms and conditions