May 24th, 2021 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “WHO TO CONTACT?”

Notice: If you see something while out and about in South Cave that you think should be reported please call the correct service, it would be helpful if calls or notifications be sent to the Correct Service/Department prior to reporting on facebook as matters are more likely to be handled quicker and effectively if the report is submitted at the time: As a reminder the number for the Police non emergency is 101 or 999 for an emergency If you wish to report fly tipping also this must be reported to the ERYC direct as soon as you see the problem by calling: 01482 393939 or visiting the Eryc website at https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/…/bins…/fly-tipping/Fallen Trees or Dangerous Trees on a footpath or public highway please call ERYC on 01482 393939 or visit: https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/…/road-and-footpath…/Fly Posting and Illegal Signage please call the ERYC on 01482 393939 or visit: https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/…/bins…/fly-posting/Dog Fouling, Control and Ownership, please call the ERYC on 01482 393939 or visit: https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/…/dog-control-and-ownership/It’s important the correct departments are notified of issues as soon as possible It would be helpful if residents sign up for a ERYC account. You’ll be able to sign up for a free online account when you fill in a online form. With this you can: save your contact details so they are remembered next time you fill in one of our new online forms view a summary of any contact you make with us get updates on your requests. You can also make an anonymous request. —————————————————————-Preparing for EmergenciesWhat you need to knowWhat should I do before an emergency?To allow yourself to be prepared for an emergency you should take time to find out:Where and how to turn off water, gas and electricity supplies in your homeo The emergency procedures for your children at schoolo The emergency procedures at your place of worko How you will stay in contact with your family in the event of an emergencyo If any elderly or vulnerable neighbours might need your helpo How to tune into your local radio stationo How to contact your household insurers o If you are in a flood risk area (you can check by going towww.gov.uk/government/organisations/environment-agency, email: enquiries@environment-agency.gov.ukNational Customer Contact CentrePO Box 544RotherhamS60 1BYUnited KingdomTel: Telephone03708 506 506Make sure you keep a stock of bottled water, ready to eat food (for example rice, pasta, tins of beans, soup etc) and a bottle/tin openerMake sure you stock up on heating products, such as oil and coal if a cold winter is predicted.Are you in a flood risk area?If you are in a flood risk area you should sign up to the free warning service offered by the Environment Agency, using the contact details above. The Environment Agency will also be able to give you lots of useful information such as how to protect you property from a flood.What should I do in an emergency?If you are involved in an emergency it is important that you:o Call 999 if there are people injured or if there is threat to lifeo (101 for non emergencies)o Do not put yourself in dangero Listen to the advice of the emergency serviceso Try to stay calm, think before taking any actionso Try and help others (eg elderly next door neighbour) and try to reassure otherso If you are not involved in an accident but are somewhere near, or believe that you might be in danger, in most cases that advice is to GO IN, STAY IN, TUNE IN to a local radio station.What should I do if I think I could be evacuated from my home?Try to gather together:o A list of useful phone numbers such as your doctor, and close relativeso Home and car keyso Toiletries, sanitary supplies and any regularly prescribed medicationo A battery radio with spare batterieso A torch with spare batteries, candles and matcheso A first aid kito Your mobile phoneo Cash and credit cardso Spare clothes and blanketsIf you have time you should:o Turn off electricity, gas and water supplieso Unplug applianceso Lock all door and windowso Collect your Insurance details o If you leave by car take bottled water, blankets and tune into your local radio station for emergency advice and instructionUseful Contact detailsFire, Police, Ambulance and Coastguard – 999Police Non-Emergency Number – 101NHS Direct – 111East Riding of Yorkshire Council – 01482 393939Council House Repairs: by email to housing.services@eastriding.gov.uk, by telephone on (01482) 396301Npower – 0800 073 3000 If you’ve lost your supply and believe it’s related to your meter and not the network, call the npower team on 0800 073 3000Northern Powergrid Loss of power: www.northernpowergrid.comIf you have a question or a problem with your power call0800 375 675To Report A Power Cut: 105Environment Agency incident hotline Telephone: 0800 80 70 60All gas leaks – 0800 111 999Yorkshire Water – 0800 573553 www.yorkshirewater.com/get-in-touch/Flooding contact numbersEnvironment Agency trained operators are available 24 hours a day seven days a week and can provide immediate practical advice on flood risk and what to do before, during and after a flood. Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188. The council is responsible for the drains that remove surface water from the highway. In the event of significant highway flooding, the council works with other bodies to provide an emergency response such as the provision of sandbags.Highways England – 0300 123 5000Highways EnglandNational Traffic Operations Centre3 RidgewayQuinton Business ParkBirmingham B32 1AFEmail: info@highwaysengland.co.ukYorkshire Water is usually responsible for sewer drains in the roads and blocked sewers – 0800 573553

The Town Hall
40-42 Market Place
South Cave
East Yorkshire
HU15 2AT
View on google maps
Monday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday: CLOSED
Sunday: CLOSED
Clerk: Mrs Lyndsey Fielding
Mob: 07495 638552
Tel: 01430 421044
Email: clerk@southcavepc.gov.uk

Website by Red International Marketing and Communication Agency © 2024

Photographs for main content provided by Justin Lowe, photographs provided for Festive lights 2018 provided by John Nurse

South Cave Parish Council Terms and conditions  Accessibility statement

Skip to content