A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency.
Flood Alert in force: River Foulness and Market Weighton catchment.
Flooding is possible for: The River Foulness and the Market Weighton Canal and their tributaries.
The Flood Alert for the River Foulness and Market Weighton is now in force. This flood alert has been issued due to rising river levels caused by persistent rainfall over the last few hours. The area of particular concern is around South Cave, and flooding may occur on low lying roads, farmlands and paths in this area. Further persistent rainfall is expected through the afternoon and into the evening today, Thursday 20/10/2022, and river levels are expected to rise further. We are monitoring the situation closely, and will update this message by 16:00 today, or as the situation changes.
To check the latest information for your area
* Visit the GOV.UK website to see the current flood warnings, view river and sea levels or check the 5-day flood risk forecast: https://check-for-flooding.service.gov.uk/target-area/122WAF974
* Or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial code: 138803.
* Follow @EnvAgency and #floodaware on Twitter.
* Tune into weather, news and travel bulletins on local television and radio.
What you should consider doing now
* Monitor local water levels and weather conditions.
* Get ready to act on your flood plan if you have one.
* Move your car or other vehicles to higher ground, if it is safe to do so.
* Prepare a flood kit of essential items including a torch with spare batteries, mobile phone and charger, warm clothes, home insurance documents, water, food, first aid kit and any prescription medicines or baby care items you may need.
* Check that you know how to turn off your gas, electricity and water mains supplies.
* In rural locations, farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water. 30 cm of fast-flowing water can move a car and 6 inches can knock an adult off their feet.
* Flood water is dangerous and may be polluted. Wash your hands thoroughly if you’ve been in contact with it.
To stop receiving these emails you can manage your account online at https://www.gov.uk/sign-up-for-flood-warnings. Or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188. If you need to contact us please call Floodline. Please do not reply to this email.