header image

South Cave Parish Council

Read the blog

‘Village Halls Week 2020’ (20-26 January)

January 22nd, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “‘Village Halls Week 2020’ (20-26 January)”

With ‘Village Halls Week 2020’ (20-26 January) almost upon us, we are running a photo competition to provide funds for cash-strapped rural community halls. The competition is designed to champion and emphasise the vital role that halls play in building rural communities. The top prize is £1,000 to the village hall and £500 to the photographer.

To alert halls and villages, we’ve teamed up with various charity organisations (ACRE, Plunkett Foundation and 30+ Regional Community Councils) to spread word to villages and halls which don’t have a social media presence and are not in regular communication with other organisations.

To help us, would you be kind enough to pass information about the competition to those parish councils, village halls and village associations for which you have contacts in your area? We are keen that all villages have an equal chance to take part, prompting villagers to collaborate and bring home the message of their hall’s vital importance.

Here are the key points about the competition:

– Top prize is £1,000 to the village hall and £500 to the photographer. There are other prizes.
– Theme: ‘Village Life – a photo which characterises the value of community in your village’. This is not about ‘pretty villages’ or professional photography, but rather capturing the essence of ‘community’.
– It’s open to all rural halls. No fee to enter. Halls can enter as many photos as they wish.
– Closing date is 15/3/20 but many halls are using Village Halls Week to capture great photos.
– Details and rules are available from https://villagehallsurvey.com/survey/photo-competition
– Trustees can download a poster for noticeboard display from the above link.
– We’ve received over a hundred entries already, with some very touching photos showing great community bonds. Please encourage villages to vote for the best photos from other communities in order to help the judges. https://villagehallsurvey.com/survey/photo-competition/photo-gallery
– If halls wish to share information about the competition on Facebook or Twitter, a larger version of this graphic is attached for their use.

Police Surgery

January 22nd, 2020 Posted by Neighbourhood Watch 0 thoughts on “Police Surgery”

Sports Centre

January 21st, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Sports Centre”

Town Hall

January 21st, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Town Hall”

South Cave WI

January 17th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “South Cave WI”

THE EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE COUNCIL – Road Traffic Brough Road A1034 works

January 17th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “THE EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE COUNCIL – Road Traffic Brough Road A1034 works”

A1034 Brough Road




A1034 SOUTH CAVE (part of)

Notice is hereby given that The East Riding of Yorkshire Council intends not less than seven days from the date of

this notice to make an Order, the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle from exceeding 40MPH on the

A1034 between the South Cave southern gateway and approx 250 metres south of the Sevice Station

commencing on 20th January 2019.

The restriction is necessary to enable carriageway works to be carried out in a manner consistent

with ensuring the safety of the public. The Order is valid for 18 months, but it is anticipated that

the restriction will be lifted by 1st April 2020.

Further information can be obtained by contacting the Council on 01482 393939 and asking for Highways

Customer Care

Dated this 12th September 2019

Paul Bellotti

Director of Communities and Environment

County Hall


East Riding of Yorkshire

HU17 9BA


Community Transport Groups and Voluntary Car Scheme

January 14th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Community Transport Groups and Voluntary Car Scheme”

Community Transport Groups and Voluntary Car Scheme providers across the East Riding are currently seeking volunteers to assist with delivering vital transport services which enable residents to access local hospitals, doctors surgeries, dentists and shopping amenities.

Please see attached an information leaflet from Beverley Community Lift and below for the contact details of other organisations who operate these type of services throughout the East Riding.

Interest from all age groups would be welcome so please contact the group direct that is local to you and they will be happy to provide further information

North Holderness Community Transport (HART)
Cliff Road
East Riding of Yorkshire
HU18 1JB
01964 536684

Goole GoFar (GGF)
51 Carlisle Street
East Riding of Yorkshire
DN14 5DS
01405 780344

Brough Voluntary Action
60 Welton Road
East Riding of Yorkshire
HU15 1BH
01482 667271

Willerby & Kirkella Helping Hands
Methodist Church
Willerby Square
East Riding of Yorkshire
HU10 6JP
01482 650912

Cave Players

January 8th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Cave Players”

Race Night

January 7th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “Race Night”

South Cave WI

January 6th, 2020 Posted by Local News 0 thoughts on “South Cave WI”

South Cave WI Autumn Quiz 2020

Will be held on Thursday March 26th at 7.30pm

In The WI Hall, Church Street, South Cave.


Teams of four cost £6 per head, price includes a light supper and tea or coffee.

Feel free to bring your own drinks, nibbles and glasses.

For further information or to book a table ring

Pat 01430 626346 or Sally 01430 423032

The Town Hall
40-42 Market Place
South Cave
East Yorkshire
HU15 2AT
View on google maps
Monday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Saturday: CLOSED
Sunday: CLOSED
Clerk: Mrs Lyndsey Fielding
Mob: 07495 638552
Tel: 01430 421044
Email: clerk@southcavepc.gov.uk

Red International Marketing and Communication Agency © 2018  |   Website by RED

Photographs for main content provided by Justin Lowe, photographs provided for Festive lights 2018 provided by John Nurse

South Cave Parish Council Terms and conditions